Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wellesley Coffeecake; Cinnamon Roll Coffeecake


Scott came home today with the Wednesday Recipe in the local newspaper.  This recipe was actually one where I had all the ingredients.  I thought why not and give it a try.

It's a pretty straight forward recipe and not hard to follow.  I think the only recommendation is to cook it a little longer than what the recipe said.  Other than that, it's outstanding.  It's moist and melt in your mouth.  Buttery and Sweet.  I don't think is the typical coffeecake.  It's a bit heavier than most coffeecakes but so good and dense in a sense.  I loved the filling, like a cinnamon roll.  I also used Brown Sugar instead of regular sugar in the filling as written in the recipe below.  I added some cinnamon into the batter to just give a little more cinnamon kick but you can skip that if you'd like.

I baked mine into a bundt pan but the recipe didn't state whether to bake in a 9x13 pan or a bundt pan.

I really love the taste of it.  The whole family loved it so it's a winner and added to my list of recipes.  I think the newspaper however needs to recheck their writing on how to completely write a recipe out.

If I had to describe this cake it was like eating a cake, a cinnamon roll and a donut all in one.  Yes, it was that good!  So if I had to call it something, I guess I would call it a Cinnamon Roll Coffeecake.  Perfect to serve at Breakfast, Brunch, Coffee or Tea or as a dessert after dinner.  This would be great for any Tea Party!

Wellesley Coffeecake
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups of sugar
2 eggs
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Sprinkle of Cinnamon (optional)

Filling:
4 teaspoons brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350'F
Thoroughly Grease and Flour Bundt Pan.

Cake Directions:
Cream Butter and Sugar.
Add Eggs, one at a time, beating with each addition.
Add Sour Cream, vanilla and almonds extracts, sprinkle of cinnamon (cinnamon optional); beat well.
Sift together Flour, Baking Powder and Salt together and add in wet ingredients.

Filling Directions:
In a separate bowl, combine sugar, pecans and cinnamon.

Assembly:
Place 1/3 of batter in prepared bundt pan.
Sprinkle with 3/4 of filling mixture
Spoon in rest of batter and sprinkle with rest of filling on top.

Bake for 1 hour until toothpick inserts comes out clean.

When cake is cooled, either dust with powdered sugar, leave plain or glaze it with the following glaze recipe.

Vanilla Butter Glaze for Cakes, Cinnamon Rolls and Donuts:
2 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon of Milk or Heavy Cream
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Directions:
Sift powdered sugar into a bowl.
Add the melted butter.
Add 1 Tablespoon of milk or cream.
Mix in Vanilla Extract.
Beat until smooth and creamy, adding more milk if necessary.
Drizzle over cake, cinnamon rolls or donuts.

OH MY OH MY, WAS IT YUMMY!

Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice!
Annamaria

13 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by Love Bakes Good Cakes! I am loving your recipes! I'm following you on all the social media now ... I'd also like to invite you to my weekly Linky Party - All my Bloggy Friends - It starts on Tuesday mornings at 7am EST and ends Saturday night at 11:59pm EST. I hope to see you there :) http://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/2012/07/all-my-bloggy-friends-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welp....there goes my Weight Watchers!Definitley making this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, we got to fit it in someway with points! LOL!

      Delete
  3. It looks amazing, I can actually smell and taste it in my mind just by looking at the pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Maria, it is amazing! My husband wants it every week! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog and giving me the chance to find yours. This coffeecake is a favorite of mine. It's always a winner with anyone who eats it. I'll connect with you on FB. Please stop by my FB page too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bellissimo, una vera delizia!!!! Complimenti, ciao

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annamaria, this looks sinfully delicious! I love coffee cake and am going to have to try this one this week! Thanks for linking up to Creative Thursday :) I appreciate YOU! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Michelle. You'll absolutely love this coffeecake! It's so good! Thank you also for featuring me! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Magnificent post, very informative. I’m wondering why the opposite experts of this sector do not realize this. You should continue our writing. I am sure, you’ve a great readers’ base already!
    섯다

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to search sites with relevant information on given topic and provide them to teacher our opinion and the article 성인웹툰

    ReplyDelete