Sunday, August 28, 2011

Comforting Homestyle Bread Pudding


I love Bread Pudding and this has to be the one recipe that brings me so much comfort. The mouthful of sweet and cinnamon with a beautiful indulgence of custard soaked bread is just one of those Ahhhh moments. When it's made right, bread pudding is the perfect anytime dish! I don't use a lot of raisins because I am not a huge fan but you could put more if you'd like. This is also great served with vanilla bean ice cream.

BREAD PUDDING
2 cups Whole Milk
1/4 cup Butter, softened
1/3 cup Sugar
3 Eggs
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
3 cups Bread, tore into pieces (any bread, french bread, raisin bread, croissants, glazed donuts)
1/4 cup Raisins

SAUCE
1 cup Whole Milk
2 Tbsp Butter, softened
1/3 cup Sugar
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Flour
dash of salt

Directions:

In a saucepan, over medium heat, heat milk. Add butter. Stir constantly until butter is melted. Set aside.

In a separate container, combine sugar, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla. Slowly add milk mixture. Set aside.

Place torn pieces of bread in a casserole dish.

Pour batter on top of bread. Sprinkle raisins.

Bake at 350F for 45 to 50 minutes or until set.

SAUCE:

Mix everything together in a saucepan and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Set aside for a few minutes and then pour on warm bread pudding.

Enjoy!

Sweet Dreams,
Annamaria


NightOwlCrafting 

18 comments:

  1. Delicious, Annamaria. I'm so glad you brought these beautiful and tasty desserts to my linky party at Joy of Desserts. Please remember to link back. :-) I look forward to your continued participation each Monday. You're warmly invited to participate on Thursdays too with any type of family recipes or old recipes. Glad we found each other's blogs (through my blog friend Roz?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this with my granddaughter who is a very picky eater. We both loved it. Made extra sauce, I like a little more. It was great.

    ReplyDelete