Friday, May 18, 2012

Butterfinger Cupcakes


I love when I get an opportunity to make something for my daughter's class at school.  They happen to be reading a story about a family owning a bakery.  My daughter's teacher wrote on the homework sheet that it would be nice if someone would bake something at the end of the week.  Ding Ding, something to bake!  Yay! My daughter's teacher loves Butterfingers, hey who doesn't?!  So I thought to make some yummy Butterfinger Cupcakes.  They were a hit and her teacher sent a note to thank me and asked for the recipe.  I was extremely flattered!  My best friend who is also expecting was taunted at the fact that she wanted one but I only made enough for class.  I promised that I would make them for her and for her Baby Shower!

An Abundance of Sweet Peanut Buttery Goodness!

These cupcakes are bursting with Butterfinger goodness!  All the elements of the yummy candy.  Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Sweet Crunch!  It was so yummy.  You make this recipe Semi Homemade or completely from scratch.  Meaning you could substitute a yellow cake recipe for a box yellow cake and Homemade Chocolate Frosting can be substituted by my favorite quick tub of Frosting, Betty Crocker's Rich & Creamy Chocolate Frosting.

I'll give you the Semi Homemade version.  In separate posts I will post a homemade yellow cake recipe and my yummy homemade chocolate frosting.

You have to do some smashing and scooping in this recipe.  What is my favorite thing to use to smash things into crumbs?  A Potato Masher or a Metal Meat Tenderizer.

A great note for me to give to you to make even sized cupcakes is to use an Ice Cream Scooper.  You get so much better consistency in size for your cupcakes with it.  The one I use is OXO Ice Cream Scooper.  You can get it just about anywhere and you can buy it online HERE....

Note:  If you'd like you can use Betty Crocker's Devil's Food Chocolate Cake Mix and Chocolate Pudding Mix if you want a chocolate base instead of the Yellow Cake Mix and Vanilla Pudding Mix.

Butterfinger Cupcakes
1 Box Betty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix
3 Eggs
2/3 cups water
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 (3.4oz) Jell-O Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 Bag of Butterfinger Miniatures
1 Bag of Butterfinger Snakerz
1 (12oz) bag of Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Jar of JIF Peanut Butter or your favorite peanut butter


Method:

Preheat Oven to 350'F

Use 2 (12 count) muffin pans and line with cupcakes liners.

Unwrap all miniature butterfingers and place in sealable plastic bag and remove air from the bag and seal.  (This is where it gets fun)....  Smash and Crush the Butterfinger Miniatures until crumbly.  Feel a little less stressed?  I use the Potato Masher utensil to do this annihilation, you can also use a roller or a meat tenderizer.

Mix cake mix, eggs, water, softened butter or margarine and pudding mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes.

Fold into batter about 1/2 or more of the bag of crushed Butterfinger Crumbs.


Scoop the batter using the ice cream scoop into the cupcake lined muffin pans about 2/3 full.  Any leftover batter you can distribute into muffin cups.  Sprinkle mini semi sweet chocolate chips on top of cupcake batter.

Bake at 350' F for 18-22 minutes depending on your oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Do not overbake.  Let cupcakes cool for at least 30 minutes.


When cupcakes are cool spread a thin layer of peanut butter on each cupcake.


Fit a pastry bag with a large whole tip and fill with chocolate frosting.  In a swirl pattern start at the edges and finish to the middle.  If you don't have a pastry bag, fill a plastic ziploc bag with frosting and snip off one corner and frost the same way.  Sprinkle remaining crushed Butterfingers on top of cupcakes generously, this will also cover any imperfections, YAY!  =)  

Unwrap  Butterfinger Snakerz snack bags and place 1 "Snakerz" on top of each cupcake.  They really complete the look and make them so creatively cute!


Voila!  You have yourself an amazing Butterfinger Cupcake!  Remember to Enjoy.  You can store leftover cupcakes in fridge, but odds are you won't have any left to fridge!  My daughter came home with an empty container!



Have a wonderful sweet day!
Annamaria

Shared:

Bizzy Bakes Blog
SOMETHING SWANKY

 
    Lovely Crafty Home I Heart Nap Time It's OVerflowing
  BWS tips button Everyday Mom's Meals  Photobucket    
 Somewhat Simple KitchenFun the Grant Life

36 comments:

  1. These look amazing. The husband is a big fan of Butterfingers, I'll have to make these for him on a day that he's not driving me crazy. :)

    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! That's a good one! You sound like me! Thank you for following!!!! I appreciate it!

      Warmest Regards,
      Annamaria

      Delete
  2. Your cupcakes look wonderful!!! I LOVE Butterfingers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Erin! While I was pregnant, I had to always have a Butterfinger! I was addicted, it was bad! Thank you for coming by!

      Have a great week!
      Annamaria

      Delete
  3. These look delicious! Had to pin it :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you for pinning it! I appreciate it! Thank you for coming by!

      Warmest Regards,
      Annamaria

      Delete
  4. These look so good. You're lucky you get to bake for your daughter's class. My son's school doesn't allow any homemade treats:( Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Love seeing new faces. Have a blessed week & please come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! That's not fun to not be able to bake for the kids. I am very fortunate, that's one thing I looked forward to when my daughter was starting school and participating. It's my pleasure for sure! Do they not allow treats because of allergy or because of seasonal holidays? Thank you for coming by to check the recipe out! It was my pleasure to share!

    God Bless,
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Butter Finger is my most favorite candy bar ever! I would love for you to link this up at my linky party still going on or next Friday!
    Thanks for following. I followed you back. Looking forward for more of your tasty posts :)

    xo
    Myric@Petites Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for inviting me! I definitely will link up!

      Hugs,
      Annamaria

      Delete
  7. New follower! Found you from Sweet Temptation hop! Your cupcakes look good. Too bad I am on a diet ;) Love for you to follow back when you get a chance!

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, Oh I know what you mean! Luckily I only make enough for my daughter's class so that way I don't get any. LOL!

    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh! You just made me start craving Butterfingers! These look delicious! Thanks for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made me start craving Butterfingers too! Usually I just eat them on Halloween. Will have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look soooooooooo good!
    It's kind of hard to get here butterfingers but.....these look like they worth the search :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you include the oil the cake mix asks for? Or leave it out?
    Thanks for this, my best friend loves butterfingers and I'm making them for her birthday, can't wait to taste!

    xx Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Laura! Do not add the oil to the cake mix. Just follow the recipe above and it will be all that you need. Don't follow the package directions for this recipe. I do recommend using paper cupcake liners. I had the foil ones after the paper as decorative.

    ReplyDelete