Friday, September 14, 2012

Sweet Buttery Vanilla Glaze for Donuts, Cookies, Cakes, Cinnamon Rolls & More

Yummy Glaze!

This has to by far be the best ever glaze to use on just about anything that requires a glaze.  For instance, Donuts, Cakes, Cinnamon Rolls, Muffins, Scones, Cookies and more! It's just like that glaze on that amazing  fresh yeast or cake donut, or freshly baked cinnamon rolls.  You know how there is just not enough glaze in the refrigerated cinnamon roll cans?  Well make this instead and you will have yourself some gooey yummy cinnamon rolls.  It's great for that drizzle on Bundt Cakes.  The butter just gives it a comfort smoothness to the glaze and the milk/cream of course give it that creaminess along with the butter and the vanilla is a great flavor for it.  You can also use lemon extract, anise extract, almond extract, maple extract, rum extract....etc...  I like to use pure extracts if I can and if it's available, imitation is only a last resort.  Pure extracts are a little more expensive but really worth it and you can use one bottle a long way.  You get the real true flavor potency too.  So a little bit ago I made a Cinnamon Roll Coffeecake, which I used this glaze. It was perfect.  I am forever in love with this recipe.  Make sure you follow the directions exactly to get the best smoothness possible, or you can always send it through a mesh strainer to get the lumps out from the powdered sugar.  Make sure to sift it the powdered sugar.  Enjoy and if you do use this glaze please give me your feedback!

Vanilla Butter Glaze for Cakes, Cinnamon Rolls and Donuts: 
2 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon of Milk or Heavy Cream
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Directions:
Sift powdered sugar into a bowl. Add the melted butter. Add 1 Tablespoon of milk or cream. Mix in Vanilla Extract. Beat until smooth and creamy, adding more milk if necessary. Drizzle over cake, cinnamon rolls or donuts.

Have A Sweet Weekend!
Annamaria


24 comments:

  1. Lots and lots of uses for this glaze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I love it and find it to be the best for it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent glaze! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best glaze. I have been using it for a couple years and I use it on everything. I can add a little bit of orange zest for lemon zest or scones it's perfect for cinnamon rolls Christmas cranberry cake everything. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank you for the information and articles you provided

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my all time favorite icing I go to!! So buttery and rich and just yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is very rare these days to find sites that provide information someone is watching for. I am glad to see that your site share valued information that can help to many readers. nice one and keep writing!
    일본야동

    ReplyDelete
  8. Admiring the time and energy you put into your site and in depth information you offer. It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same outdated rehashed information. Excellent read! 일본야동

    ReplyDelete
  9. So informative things are provided here,I really happy to read this post,I was just imagine about it and you provided me the correct information I really bookmark it,for further . 야설

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent site you’ve got here.. It’s hard to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I seriously appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! 한국야동

    ReplyDelete