Monday, November 12, 2012

Rainbow Babies & Children's Miracle Network Hospitals & Bruegger's Bagels and Bakery Free Coffee Day

(Photo courtesy of UH Hospitals, Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital)

When I got an opportunity to promote this donation/fundraising event with Bruegger's Bagels and Bakery and Rainbow Babies & Children's Miracle Network Hospital, it came easy to me.  I have a personal connection to these hospitals and many of my friends do to.

See Bruegger's is presenting a Free Coffee Day on November 14th. from the time they open to 2pm.  You can get any beverage for Free.  You have the opportunity to donate money to these hospital that do tremendous work and care for our nation's children and beyond or you can buy their Bottomless Mug and get any beverage for as many times as you like for FREE for 1 year!

This is an amazing this that Bruegger's has partnered up with.  It's a great cause and a great way to thank you for your patronage.

I have a personal story to share with you.  I don't talk about it much because it's hard to explain and it's so personal to our whole family.  Once our family was blessed with a presence of an angel.  He wasn't here long but he brought many smiles and tears of joy along the journey of his life and that was my nephew T.J.

I can't say exactly what kind of condition my nephew had but it was one that started in the womb and it's so very rare.  My dearest nephew, the first grandchild of the family was brought in this world barely having a chance.  He always amazed me.  How he fought.  He fought through every obstacle, every seizure every disability.  Though all the problems he faced, he was loved so dearly.

My dear nephew might of had many disabilities but because of the care given by these network of hospitals, he got great quality care and was cared for like any child and treated with love and understanding.  He was an amazing little guy.  When you thought he was about to give up he surprised you with another miracle.  He surpassed what they said he would live to and when God took him we knew he was finally at peace.

Not everyone is lucky enough to have a happy healthy baby all the time.  But when there is that special little angel that graces us with their presence we are lucky to have this special team of people in these organizations that are there for us when we need the help for our children.  My nephew's name is T.J. for short.  He has a healthy big brother by who is 11 now.  My nephew Christian was also a special baby too even though he's not a baby anymore!  Christian too needed help when he was a baby and came into this world.  He was luckier than his older brother and with the studies and treatments that are partnered with hospitals, they were able to help my nephew Christian live and be a strong a boy!  He's quite the talented boy!  He never forgets his older brother and keeps his memory dear to him.  We all do.  We have little special memories that are near and dear to us of T.J. and makes us grateful the happy healthy children we do have and Thank God everyday for their happy healthy lives.

My Nephew Christian with my Brother Tony who is an Iraq War Veteran as well....
He was born the exact day after my car accident, we were in the hospital at the same time!

So I ask you for your support to stop by your local Bruegger's Bagels and Bakery for this special day event. On November 14, 2012 until 2pm.  Show your support and know that you can make a difference.  You can donate and you can buy their featured Bottomless Mug for $160.00 which gives you free coffee for a year!  That comes out to $0.43 (43 cents) per day for a cup of coffee!!!!  I know I've spent more than that in a year for coffee and it doesn't help anything except break my wallet!  So why not at least do it all at once and be guaranteed as much coffee as you'd like for one year, part of the proceeds will go to helping kids like my nephews.  To help them have better chances for life and the kind of life they have for the time they are here.  These donations have gone to support research and training, purchase equipment, and pay for uncompensated care, all in support of the mission to save and improve the lives of as many children as possible.

Here is a copy of the promotional article:
(BURLINGTON, Vt.) Oct. 24, 2012 – Bruegger’s Bagels kicks off its annual fundraising for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals today with a coffee-flavored campaign that benefits children’s hospitals across the U.S. The bagel chain, known for its authentic, award-winning New York style bagels, will donate a portion of proceeds from sales of its popular Bottomless Mugs through the end of the year.

Bruegger’s Bottomless Mug Club started more than 10 years ago, and has been helping out local children’s hospitals since 2010. Guests who purchase the Bottomless Mug receive free coffee, tea and soda for the remainder of 2012 and throughout 2013, saving an average of $300 per year. Sales begin today at nearly all of 300+ Bruegger’s locations nationwide.

“Through the Bottomless Mug campaign, Bruegger’s staff and loyal guests can work miracles together for their local children’s hospital,” said Bruegger’s Bagels President David Austin. “Our customers love the benefits of the Bottomless Mug, but more importantly, enjoy the opportunity to help kids in need.”

The highlight of the national campaign comes on Wednesday, Nov.14, when Bruegger’s hosts its popular annual Free Coffee Day until 2 p.m. Guests can enjoy their first cup on Bruegger’s while donating their spare change (or more) to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals at canisters located by the register. In 2011, guests contributed more than $30,000 on Free Coffee Day.

"Bruegger’s Bagels is such a valued partner, raising both awareness and funds for our local hospitals,” said Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Chief Corporate Partnerships Officer Clark Sweat. "Through sales of its coffee mugs and the support of its guests, Bruegger’s helps us do more good for millions of children and families across the U.S.”

Last year, Bruegger’s donated nearly $100,000 to benefit kids and families in need through Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. In addition to the Bottomless Mug campaign, Bruegger’s neighborhood bakeries host fundraisers and events for local children’s hospitals throughout the year.

About Bruegger's Enterprises, Inc. Bruegger's Enterprises, Inc. (BEI), a leader in the fast casual restaurant segment, operates more than 300 Bruegger’s bakeries in North America. Renowned for its award-winning bagels, Bruegger's offers a wide variety of freshly prepared breakfast and lunch options made with high-quality, simple ingredients served with its unique brand of hospitality. Bruegger's is dedicated to the communities it serves and supports charitable causes locally and nationally. BEI’s parent company, Groupe Le Duff, SA, is the world’s second largest company in the bakery-cafĂ© sector. Founded in 1983, BEI is headquartered in Burlington, Vt. For more information, please visit www.brueggers.com or become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/brueggers.

About Children’s Miracle Network HospitalsChildren’s Miracle Network Hospitals® raises funds for 170 nonprofit children’s hospitals across North America, which, in turn, use the money where it’s needed the most. When a donation is given it stays in the community, ensuring that every dollar is helping local kids. Since 1983, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals has raised more than $4 billion, most of it $1 at a time. These donations have gone to support research and training, purchase equipment, and pay for uncompensated care, all in support of the mission to save and improve the lives of as many children as possible. Learn more at 
CMNHospitals.org
.



You can visit Bruegger's Bagels & Bakery on the internet and look for a location by you.

Visit Children's Miracle Network Hospitals website to learn more about them!


This is my nephew's grave and on his plaque he has a special poem...

Do not stand at my grave and weep I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry; I am not there. I did not die.
 ~Mary Elizabeth Frye

This is the original poem by Mary Elizabeth Frye:

Do not stand at my grave and weep I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush I am the swift uplifting rush Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
~Mary Elizabeth Frye

Although sometimes it's really hard to not cry because it is was a sad time but he did brings us so much joy.  Although he could not talk, walk, see or eat on his own.  He knew our touch, he knew when we were there. I'll never forget when I had to hold him and he squeezed me tight.  That is a feeling I'll never forget.  So please, help these organizations, these hospitals who have helped so many children in their lives.  I know that so many families and children would appreciate it.  Lets not forget our little ones who depend on us to help them make a better day tomorrow.

Remember November 14th!  Only until 2pm!  I'll be there and I am getting my yummy coffee in memory of my nephew and give to help.  Don't forget to enjoy some amazing bakery and goodies that Bruegger's has to offer!  Thank you everyone!

Thank You & God Bless,
Annamaria

1 comment:

  1. this is such a great cause! I feel so bad I missed this post somehow...

    ReplyDelete