Friday, September 2, 2011

Decadent Brownie Cheesecake

*Photo By Janna Corliss who made this recipe that I listed. ( Thank You <3 )

Who wouldn't love Brownies and Cheesecake together?  Well it's one of my favorite things to eat!  Cheesecake seems to be intimidating to some home bakers.  Everyone should own a Spring Form Pan, that is available at Target and Walmart at great prices.  It should be on everyone's registry!  I know people have told me that the pan itself is intimidating.  Really it isn't especially if you get a sturdy one.  I probably have 4 Spring form pans not including the mini ones I have.  When I made my first cheesecake and really realized it isn't that hard.  I know some people go for by making some that are in pre made graham cracker crusts that are the size of pie pans or make no bake cheesecakes.  Seriously though, nothing beats the real original way of making a cheesecake.  Even if they don't go in water baths or crack at the top, they still taste wonderful if you pay attention to the recipe directions.

I am in love with cheesecakes.  I've eaten some really great ones and some really horrible ones.  Of course I give huge regards to Cheesecake Factory!  Which I may say, inspire some of my very recipes and search of tasty cakes.  You know instantly when you have had one that is great and one that is gross.  Some you can tell that have been made and frozened and then distributed to different restaurants, that's when I can taste the lack of flavors and the freezer burn.  You know in my opinion everyone should at least make a cheesecake two or three times.  Maybe the first one that is a flop, the second is great practice and comes out good and by the time you make your third one, you got it down.  Though if you've had 3 strikes, give up and buy one whole at cheesecake factory!  Most importantly don't buy Sara Lee's Cheesecake, don't serve that to your guests.  I don't know how anyone can eat those, it's absolutely an imposter!  If you skip the Cheesecake Factory option, by all means, make a no bake one.  Which there are many recipes out there that are yummy.  I've made many in my time, they are great during the holidays to give as gifts or in the summer when you don't want to turn on the oven.

So let's begin this love of this recipe.  It's so great.  Each cheesecake with pretty simple ingredients can be a show piece.  This is one of them!  The Decadent Brownie Cheesecake is so good and one of my favs!  I will tell you that you must buy Better Crocker's Fudge Brownie Mix, I think it's the best one out there next to Ghiradelli's Fudge Brownie Mix, Ghiradelli's mix however is a little harder to find.  You find turtle or frosted one but rarely the Fudge one.  So trust me, you can't find Ghiradelli's, then buy Betty Crocker.  You can certainly make your own 9x13 Fudge Brownie Recipe, but Betty provides a great substitution.

As I said before, this recipe features 2 of my favorite desserts, brownies and cheesecake (drooling).  A great one to make for yourself, a family member, that special someone or a get together or dinner party.  My dear friend topped this off with whip cream and mini chocolate chips.  Great idea for presentation.  You can also make a ganache topping which is sometimes a great life saver when your cheesecakes crack.

So let's get down to the recipe!  This is what it will look like when done.  The steps are pretty simple and with this one I don't yet have the step by step photos.  I think you will do great without them but I will definitely get them up as soon as I can.  We're itching for some cheesecake here!

*Photo By Janna Corliss who made this recipe that I listed. ( Thank You <3 )
Doesn't it look great?  See..No Cracks and it was Janna's first time making this cheesecake!

Decadent Brownie Cheesecake

Brownie Layer
1 Box of Betty Crocker's Fudge Brownie Mix for a 9x13 pan

Cheesecake Layer
3 1/2 (8 ounce packages) of Cream Cheese (room temperature)
1 (14 ounce can) Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 Eggs
2 teaspoons of Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

Garnish
1 tub of Cool Whip
Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 9-inch springform pan with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare brownie according to package directions for chewy brownies. Reserve 3/4 cup brownie batter for cheesecake.  Spread rest evenly in prepared pan.

Bake Brownie layer 25-30 minutes or until set.

Beat cream cheese until fluffy in large bowl. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.  Add a lttle less than a 1/4 cup water to reserved brownie batter and mix well.  Drop spoonfuls of brownie batter randomly over cream cheese mixture.  Swirl with tip of knife to create marbled effect.

Reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Bake 50 minutes or until set. Cool. Chill thoroughly. Remove side of springform pan. Garnish as desired.

Sidenote: Chocolate chips may fall to the bottom of brownie layer during baking.

Enjoy!  Enjoy!  Enjoy!  Yum!

Sweet Dreams,
Annamaria

No comments:

Post a Comment