Friday, October 14, 2011

Hand Painted Jewelry Box: Mermaid & Sea Life Theme

"Jewels and Trinkets, Baubles and Bubbles"

I went to a craft store sometime ago and I purchased a plain unpainted unfinished wood jewelry box.  I wanted to make something for my daughter that was whimsical.  I got this jewelry box for about $5.00 and painted it all myself.  I also added a layer of Modge Podge in a shiny finish to give it a smooth vibrant finish to the paint.  I didn't apply Modge Podge where the drawers rub against the other parts of the wood because it could become stuck.  I did all my painting base and the added my characters.  I think for someone who normally doesn't paint mermaids did pretty good.  Around the edge of the mirror it says:  "Jewels and Trinkets, Baubles and Bubbles".  Cute little whimsical saying....  I thought maybe I would sell it at the Art Gallery but my daughter loved it too much, so I couldn't let it go.  Thought I would share this little painting adventure I did.  Would love your feedback!

Warmest Regards,
Annamaria

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You did a really great job! Thanks for stopping by my blog and inviting me over! Following back :)

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete