Friday, October 7, 2011

Sinking our teeth into Krispy Kreme!

My daughter loves Krispy Kreme's good ol' glazed donuts.  Nothing beats them when they are fresh.  We just missed the whole conveyor belt action with the glaze waterfall over the freshly fried yeast donuts!  The smell was so heavenly when you go in there.  I promised my daughter that I would take her to get a Krispy Kreme donut.  We all ended up going.  Since everyone likes their own, it's hard not to get 2 dozen.  Sofia likes them plain, although she gives in to the special decorated ones.  Hubby likes the glazed filled donuts, like the Raspberry, Lemon and the Sugary Sweet white filling in the chocolate glazed filled donut.  I like the "Boston Cream" kind and well our son is not picky, he'll eat just about any flavor you hand him.

What I love about the glazed one are that you can pop them in the microwave for about 10 seconds and it's like they just came off the conveyor belt.  So yeasty and warm and sweet.  It's heavenly!

Their features were the cheesecake and the pumpkin spice.  Which are both great but I love the pumpkin spice!  I also got a hot chocolate to enjoy my donut with!  My daughter got water which blew me away that she didn't opt for Chocolate Milk.  It's all good, thank goodness she enjoys drinking water!

Now did you think my daughter Sofia wouldn't give you her signature Peace Sign?
(as she does in every photo)
You got it and it's right next to her favorite Krispy Kreme Original Glazed Donuts!

So here I am going to share a few photos for you.  I know it's rare to have a Krispy Kreme factory store by your home but if you can get there when they are still warm and fresh, it's worth it.  If not, take my advice and nuke it in the microwave.  These donuts can last up to 3 days and still taste great, but they usually don't last that long in my house.  What the left over glazed donuts are also good for is making my bread pudding.  Click here for the Bread Pudding Recipe and use Krispy Kreme donuts instead of bread, it's delish!

Halloween Sprinkles getting you ready for Halloween Treats!
These are the original glazed the top glazed with chocolate and then dipped in black and orange sprinkles!

A Great Tip:  They will also allow you to make a call ahead order.  For every holiday and for my daughter's birthday, I send in 2 dozen holiday designed Krispy Kreme donuts for her class.  Usually we have the mix of the Jack o' Lantern and the Spider Web designs for Halloween.  The kids love them.  They also do fundraising for your school or organization.  I think this is really cool of them.  The designs they come up with are so cool.  For Halloween, Valentine's Day, Saint Patrick's Day, Christmas, Spring, Fall, Winter and Summer.  Also a featured donut of the month.  I love it when the have the Banana Donuts usually in March!  YUM!

If your lucky enough to go there when they have the fresh donuts, sometimes if you get a good employee, they will give one for you for free.  They used to do this as a standard but I guess with the economy thing, I think they stopped doing it.  I am not sure.  But it is an added treat when you do get a great employee who hands you one for free!

Also what's really cool is checking out all the weird flavors they serve in other countries!

Krispy Kreme Website:
www.KrispyKreme.com

Krispy Kreme on Facebook:
Facebook

*Our Krispy Kreme, Middleburg Heights, Ohio

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts on Urbanspoon


Sweet Dreams,
Annamaria

4 comments:

  1. You need to do a blog on Jack Frost donuts they are awesome and unique that I bet your bloggers would enjoy hearing about a hidden gem of a donut shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jack Frost! I would like to go there and get some donuts. Perhaps you have inspired me to get some this morning and take pictures! I will promise I will get a blog done about them! Wish I knew who you were dear friend! ;)

    HUGS,
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL maybe the Jack Frost Fairy will visit you soon and bring some over :)

    ReplyDelete