Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chocolate Almond Cookies

Chocolate Almond Cookies



These cookies are so good. They are chocolaty and moist. I love the texture and the taste especially since it has Almond Paste in the dough mix. They are easy to make and are sure to be a crowd or family and friend pleaser!

8 ounces Almond Paste
1 cup Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
2 Eggs
1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
12 ounces (1 package) of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup Toasted Almond Slivers (optional)

Preheat oven to 350° F. Lay parchment paper on 2 large baking sheets.

Break almond paste into small pieces and place in medium-size bowl or container of food processor. Add butter and beat with electric mixer or process until mixture is creamy and smooth.

Add sugars, eggs and almond extract and beat or process until thoroughly blended.

Stir flour, baking soda, and salt until mixed. Add to almond mixture and stir until blended.

Stir in chocolate chips and toasted slivered almonds.

Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart.

Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Depends on your oven. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.

2 comments:

  1. These cookies look delicious! I wish I could get true almond paste here - I see so many recipe I want to try. I might have a go at making my own.
    Yes, I agree the kahk are a lot like taralli - I have a recipe for them using lard but I have never tried them. I'd love to see your versions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcellina I could send you some Almond Paste through the mail if you'd like! I am surprised you can't get Real Almond Paste.

    ReplyDelete