Monday, August 8, 2011

Homemade Sausage Gravy


I love Sausage Gravy. A perfect addition to a breakfast, on top of biscuits, toast, hashbrowns, fried breaded chicken breasts. It's such a comfort food and such a treat to have. I have had some really good sausage gravy and some really gross sausage gravy. I really love Bob Evan's sausage gravy at the restaurant. It's probably the best I've had. But I like making it at home too. I make some Pillsbury biscuits and slather the gravy on top... So comforting.... So good!


SAUSAGE GRAVY

2 lb bulk pork sausage
1/4 cup flour
4 cup whole milk or 2%
salt and pepper to taste

In a large frying pan fry the sausage while breaking it up into pieces with a spoon until browned and cooked through. Next sprinkle with the flour and continue cooking for about 1 minute over medium heat. Add the milk and cook over medium high heat while constantly stirring with a whish until thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Season to taste with lots of fresh black pepper and a little bit of salt. If the gravy doesn’t thicken enough, then mix a little bit more flour with milk and add to the pan.



No comments:

Post a Comment